Kerry Muhlestein is a professor and associate chair of the Department of Ancient Scripture at Brigham Young University. He received his BS in psychology with a Hebrew minor from BYU. As an undergraduate he spent time at the BYU Jerusalem Center for Near Eastern Studies in the intensive Hebrew program. He received an MA in Ancient Near Eastern Studies from BYU and his PhD from UCLA in Egyptology. He taught courses in Hebrew and religion part time at BYU and the UVSC Extension Center, as well as in history at Cal Poly Pomona and UCLA. He also taught early-morning seminary and at the Westwood (UCLA) Institute of Religion. His first full-time appointment was a joint position in religion and history at BYU–-Hawaii. He is the director of the BYU Egypt Excavation Project. He and his wife, Julianne, are the parents of six children, and together they have lived in Jerusalem while Kerry has taught there. He has served as the chairman of a national committee for the American Research Center in Egypt and has worked with Educational Testing Services on their AP World History exam.
- Muhlestein, Kerry
Articles/Chapters by: Kerry Muhlestein
- Encircling Astronomy and the Egyptians: An Approach to Abraham 3 from RE 10, no. 1 (2009)
- Egyptian Papyri and the Book of Abraham: Some Questions and Answers from RE 11, no. 1 (2010)
- Egypt in the Bible from RE 11, no. 3 (2010)
- Seeking Divine Interaction: Joseph Smith's Varying Searches for the Supernatural from No Weapon Shall Prosper: New Light on Sensitive Issues
- Egyptian Papyri and the Book of Abraham: A Faithful, Egyptological Point of View from No Weapon Shall Prosper: New Light on Sensitive Issues
- 11. Ruth, Redemption, Covenant, and Christ from The Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament
- From Clay Tablets to Canon: The Story of the Formation of Scripture from How the New Testament Came to Be
- One Continuous Flow: Revelations Surrounding the "New Translation" from The Doctrine and Covenants
- Prelude to the Pearl: Sweepting Event Leading to the Discovery of the Book of Abraham from Prelude to the Restoration: Apostasy to the Restored Church
- "Encircling Astronomy and the Egyptians: An Approach to Abraham 3" from By Study and by Faith: Selections from the "Religious Educator"
- La astronomía y los egipcios: Un enfoque a Abraham 3 from Buscad Diligentemente
- Darkness, Light, and the Lord: Elements of Israelite Theophanies from Ascending the Mountain of the Lord: Temple, Praise, and Worship in the Old Testament